You can never have too many versions of avocado toast. As someone who eats it ALL the time, I’m talking breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack…it never gets old. I’m usually an avocado toast purist. Grainy, crusty bread, buttery smashed avo, a little sea salt, and that’s it. And almost always a runny egg or egg whites, depending on my mood. Sometimes sautéed spinach or veggies too. I don’t discriminate! It’s all delicious.
I was just going to slice and roast the beets, but then I thought it would be fun to spiralize them! These would be so perfect for appetizers for a party. Or a brunch!
Spiralized beets are so sweet and delicious and they have the best texture. I love them so much in this.
Swiss chard is so underused in my opinion. It’s such a great, hearty green, and wilts beautifully when sautéed. And it’s so gorgeous. Especially the rainbow chard.
I eat a ton of greens, usually spinach, arugula, mixed greens, and kale, but I always forget about the lovely swiss chard! So happy we’ve met again.
Feel free to use your favorite greens here. These were meant to be customizable. I’m sure you’d love goat cheese on these too. Not me though, goat cheese is the only food in the entire world that I CANNOT stand.
Also, if you don’t have a spiralizer, don’t worry. These would be just as delicious with sliced roasted beets!
- 2 medium beets, peeled and spiralized (or sliced)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups chopped swiss chard (or rainbow chard)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 avocados
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 4 slices of grainy bread (I used a sprouted whole grain bread)
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment and add the beet noodles. Drizzle on two teaspoons of the olive oil, and season with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Roast for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While beet noodles are roasting, make the swiss chard. Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and add minced garlic. Sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add swiss chard and sauté for about 1 minute until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Toast your bread.
- Make the avocado mash. Add avocados to a medium bowl and mash with a fork. Add the lemon juice and a generous pinch of salt. Mash to combine.
- Add the avocado mash to your toasts, then top with a spoonful of swiss chard and a handful of beet noodles.
- Top with crumbled bacon and feta.