I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I want to put peanut sauce on everything I consume. Whyyyy is it so good?! Probably because it contains one of my favorite foods in the entire world: peanut butter. And another: garlic. I’m also slightly obsessed with anything with that toasted sesame flavor. So it’s no surprise I love these noodles more than anything!
This salad is so fresh and healthy and filled to the brim with crunchy, colorful veggies. My kind of meal! I love getting tonnnns of veggies in at every chance I get. Tons of texture and nutrients = happy Molly.
Another thing I love about this is that it’s incredibly simple to make and keeps really well in the fridge for a couple of days. The noodles marinate more and more in the delicious peanut sauce and it just gets more flavorful.
I think I even ate this four or five days after it was made and still enjoyed it. For you guys, I’d say two for optimal freshness. The zoodles tend to get a little watery the longer they sit in the fridge.
We’ve got zucchini noodles (which I actually love raw..maybe even more than cooked), red bell pepper, shredded carrots, red cabbage, and cilantro.
The peanut sauce is a super simple mixture of peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, freshly grated ginger, honey, and a little water. This is SO delicious as a dressing to any salad, a dip for veggies, a dip for chicken, or to consume with a spoon. Not kidding.
The peanut sauce is another thing that keeps great in the fridge for up to a week. Just look at the creaminess!!
This is a perfect, healthy dinner for summer because it’s filled with tons of veggies, it’s super simple to put together, it’s SO packed with flavor, and it’s eaten cold for those hot days!
I topped the salad with extra cilantro because I love it, sesame seeds, and chopped peanuts for extra crunch!
This recipe is such a regular in my house. Let me know if you guys love it as much as I do! <3
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup chopped cilantro + extra for topping
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (the natural, drippy kind)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ⅓ cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds + extra for topping
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts + extra for topping
- Place spiralized zucchini, red bell pepper, carrots, cabbage, and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, honey, and water. Whisk to combine until smooth and creamy.
- Add dressing to the vegetables and toss until everything is coated. Add the sesame seeds and peanuts and toss again to combine.
- Garnish with extra cilantro, sesame seeds, and chopped peanuts. Enjoy!