This is my idea of summer. The BEST flavors I look forward to evvvvery year. Fresh corn, juicy peaches, basil, and creamy mozzarella. Those words alone just make me giddy. This is also kinda my take on caprese salad on top of crostini! I did another version last year too.
Last year’s version was in the form of peach caprese with mint, pistachios, and honey. Also PHENOMENAL. Similar flavors here, but I used basil and loaded it on beautiful, crispy baguette slices.
Can you even?! I couldn’t stop eating these. The flavor is just hard to beat. And it’s SO simple!!!
For the vinaigrette part of this bruschetta, I used champagne vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper. That’s it. I can’t get over how amazing this tasted with so few ingredients! That’s what fresh, seasonal ingredients are all about. You really can’t beat it.
I know I’ve been going on and on about how much I love grilled corn, but in this instance, fresh, raw corn cut off the cob is absolute PERFECTION. It kind of “pops” in your mouth and it’s so sweet and lovely.
This will only get more delicious as the peaches get juicier into the summer. I cannnnot wait. I can totally see this being dinner many many nights this summer. With a nice, cold glass of sauv blanc!
So for the baguette, I thinly sliced it, brushed it with a little olive oil, and baked the crostini for 10 minutes or so. They just get perfectly toasted and are the most amazing vessel for this bruschetta. I’m SUCH a bread lover. I’ve been known to polish off an entire loaf in one day. It’s true.
Don’t think I could EVER get sick of this.
- 1 baguette, sliced into ½'' thick slices, on an angle
- 3 ears fresh corn, cut off the cob
- 1 cup mini mozzarella balls, quartered
- 2 peaches, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil + extra for topping
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar (could also use a golden balsamic)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + extra for brushing
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Place baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 6-8 minutes, then flip and bake for an additional 2 minutes or until lightly golden.
- In a medium bowl, combine the corn, mozzarella, peaches, and basil. Toss to combine.
- To a small bowl, add the champagne vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Add the vinaigrette to corn, mozzarella, and peach mixture and stir to combine. Spoon mixture onto crostini and garnish with additional chopped basil. Serve!