Have you ever had a paloma? They’re a very close sister to the margarita, but they contain freshly squeezed grapefruit juice! Still the salty rim and lime we all love, and tequila of course. This was actually my first time making (and trying!) a paloma and I LOVED it. Considering how much I love a good marg, it didn’t come as a surprise.
I decided to make a peach version because it just sounded delicious. And these will only get better as the peaches get sweeter into the summer!
This week is all about Mother’s Day recipes, including the rosé donuts from Monday! And on Friday, I have a fun round-up post coming to you will all of my favorite brunch recipes that would be perfect for this Sunday! Because mamas are meant to be pampered and celebrated.
The peach simple syrup is SUPER simple to make and goes so well with the tart, slightly bitter grapefruit. They balance each other out so well. For the simple syrup, all you have to do is boil one cup of water and one cup sugar until dissolved, let it cool, and pureé it with one cup of diced peaches. Soooo sweet and delicious.
In addition to the peach simple syrup, tequila and lime are added to the mix, and then it’s finished off with soda water! Garnishes include extra sliced peaches, lime, and grapefruit wedges!
And we can’t forget the salty rim either. Are you guys team salt or no salt on your margs? Rocks or frozen? I’m a rocks and light salt kind of girl.
Make these for your mama this weekend. I know I am!
P.S. How cute are those straws?!
- For the PALOMA:
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces peach simple syrup
- splash of soda water
- sliced peach for garnish
- grapefruit slices for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- coarse margarita salt for the rim
- For the SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup diced peaches
- Make the simple syrup. Bring the water to a boil, then add sugar and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool. Once cool, add to a blender or food processor with the peaches and blend until puréed.
- To make the cocktail, rim a glass with coarse margarita salt and fill with crushed ice. Add ice to a cocktail shaker. Add the grapefruit juice, lime juice, tequila, and peach simple syrup to the shaker and shake for 20-30 seconds. Pour into the glass and top with a splash or two of soda water. Stir to combine and garnish with sliced peaches, a slice of grapefruit, and a lime wedge. Enjoy!