I’ve been super into the slow cooker this season. I’ve always been a fan of it, but this year, I can’t stop using it! I think it’s this chili that made me fall in love with it. And this red curry chicken is another favorite now! I love a good curry. It’s so freaking flavorful and comforting.
This isn’t one of those slow cooker recipes where you have to cook things beforehand and then throw everything in. You literally combine all of the ingredients and turn it on, and that’s it! So incredibly easy. The only other step you have to do is make rice or quinoa or whatever you want to serve it with! I’m a jasmine or basmati rice girl, but quinoa would be so good here too.
There’s also sweet potato in the curry which adds a delicious sweetness, but you could use regular potatoes too. And really any veggies you like! Broccoli would be good in this too, or even bok choy!
If you like your green veggies a little more crisp, I’d wait to add them until it has an hour or a little less left to cook. But you can totally throw everything together all at once and it’s just as delicious!
I love adding lots of lime juice and cilantro to my curry too. Well, let me rephrase that. I like adding those things to pretty much everything. Mexican food has my heart, always.
I also added pomegranate seeds because I can’t stop adding them to everything during the fall. They’re just too pretty and I love the texture!
Easy meals like this save me during the week!
- 2 (14 ounce) cans light coconut milk (full fat works here too)
- 4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1'' chunks
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- ½ of a medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas or sugar snap peas
- 2 cups baby spinach
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- pomegranate seeds for garnish, optional
- rice or quinoa for serving
- Combine coconut milk, curry paste, soy sauce, maple syrup, ginger, garlic, chicken, sweet potato, onion, bell pepper, and snow peas into a slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cook on high for 2½ hours, or on low for 4 hours.
- Turn off the slow cooker and stir in the spinach, lime juice, cilantro, and half of the scallions. Serve over rice or quinoa and garnish with extra cilantro, scallions, and pomegranate seeds.