So. This is a reflection of how I eat pretty much every day. I want to start posting more of the simple, healthy foods I eat weekly, rather than posting more “special” or “cheat” recipes. Kale salads are one of my absolute faves. They are perfect for prepping in advance. They can marinade with the dressing & add-ins and stay in the fridge all week to pull out for lunches, snacks, or a quick dinner side. I am a huge lover of kale..raw, cooked, baked, sauteéd, smoothie’d, you name it. This salad is SO fresh and springy and beautiful! You will feel soooo healthy after eating it.
Kale Shaved Zucchini Quinoa Salad with Green Harissa Vinaigrette
- For the salad:
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (about 3/4 c. dry)
- 5 c. chopped raw kale
- 2 medium zucchini, shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler or spiralized
- 1 c. peas, cooked
- 1/2 c. chopped flat leaf parsley
- For the vinaigrette:
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 T. green harissa, I use the Mina brand, found at Whole Foods
- 3 T. rice wine vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- Begin by making the vinaigrette. Add garlic, harissa, rice wine vinegar, line juice, salt, and pepper, to a small bowl and stir to combine. Slowly stream in the olive oil, whisking to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked & cooled quinoa, chopped kale, zucchini ribbons, peas, and parsley. Toss to combine. Add the vinaigrette and toss again until salad is coated in the dressing. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
This was inspired by this salad.