You know those times when you’ve indulged a bit too much, but you don’t feel like detoxing on plain chicken and salad and steamed veggies forever? This is where this pasta comes in. Like those Mondays when you’re not quite ready for it to be Monday, but you still want something healthy after the weekend…you know exactly what I’m talking about.
My new obsession is chickpea pasta. It’s so much higher in protein and fiber than regular pasta, and way lower in carbs. You can actually feel good about eating it and not super weighed down. I mean I still looove me some regular pasta, but this is great when you want a little bit of a healthier option!
Not to mention this pasta is incredibly flavorful and packs even more protein and healthy fats from the salmon. It is great eaten cold the next day for lunch too!
ALSO, feel free to use regular pasta or whole wheat pasta if you can’t find the chickpea pasta, but I highly recommend searching for it. It’s SO good. I got mine at Whole Foods..my home away from home. ?
My brother and his girlfriend couldn’t believe how good it was. My brother even said that he “is never going to buy regular pasta ever again.” Which I find to be a pretty strong statement, considering we are Italian and he LOVES his pasta. So I’d say this recipe is a major win and a must-make for all you pasta lovers.
Salmon, Broccoli, and Lemon Chickpea Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes and Basil
- For the SALMON:
- 1 lb. salmon filet
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- For the PASTA:
- 8 oz. chickpea pasta (I used Banza brand)
- 3 small heads broccoli, cut into small florets (about 4-5 cups)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 2-3 lemons)
- 1/4 c. chopped sundried tomatoes (I used the tomatoes packed in oil)
- 10-12 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- zest of half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment and lay salmon on top. Massage with olive oil and sprinkle with lemon zest, lemon juice, dried basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes depending on how thick your fillet is.
- While salmon is cooking, boil water for the pasta. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes or until lightly golden and fragrant. Add the broccoli and cook for another 5-6 minutes until tender. Add the sundried tomatoes and lemon juice.
- Toss in the pasta and then flake the salmon into chunks and add to the pasta. Lastly, stir in the fresh basil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Finish off with the lemon zest and toss.