One of my absolute favorite things to make for lunch and/or meal prep for the week is lightened-up chicken salad that’s made with Greek yogurt. There’s no need for mayo and it’s soooo much healthier. You really can’t tell a difference. I actually prefer it. I play around with different variations, but this one was inspired by one of my favorite things: BLT’s. In the past, I’ve made a BLT grilled cheese as well as BLT Salmon Burgers. I can’t help it. Such an amazing combo. Salty bacon, beautiful juicy tomatoes, crisp lettuce, toasty bread, and usually avocado..because I’m clearly in love with it, if you haven’t noticed.
I thought it was time for another version of one of my favorite sandwiches, and this is it! You could certainly eat this on toasted bread, but I love it in the lettuce cups.
How gorgeous are these heirlooms? Another thing I’m adding to every meal I possibly can before summer goes away.
These come together so quickly. Especially if you buy a rotisserie chicken from the store and shred it. That way, there’s no cooking necessary. I cooked up some chicken breasts I had on hand and shredded them, but do what you gotta do!
- ½ c. plain Greek yogurt (I used 0%, but use whatever you like)
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- juice of ½ a lemon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2½ c. cooked, shredded chicken
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 T. chopped fresh chives, plus extra for garnish
- 2-3 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- butter lettuce/lettuce of your choice for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, dijon, garlic powder, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until combined. Add in the shredded chicken, chopped bacon, and chives and stir together until evenly coated.
- Serve in lettuce cups and sprinkle with extra bacon and chives!
Perfect summer lunch.