I’m having a moment with Thai flavors. Last week was this zoodle dish, and today is all about thai chicken salad stuffed avocados! I can’t believe I’ve never stuffed an avocado before. Who even am I? One of my favorite ingredients in the world and I haven’t used it as a vessel to eat out of. Crazy.
For awhile on Pinterest I was seeing the eggs baked in avocados, but never got around to trying it. It’s on the list. But personally, eggs and avocado toast cannot be beat. Never. ever. gets. old.
These thai chicken salad stuffed avocados though! SO good. Pretty sure I could survive off of Thai flavors. Actually that’s a lie. Mexican food has a special place in my heart. But it’s close! Followed closely by Italian. Ugh! I’m the worst. Too many favorites.
They’re the perfect blend of tons of healthy fats, protein, and crunch. You get healthy fats from the avocado and peanut butter, protein from the chicken, and lots of crunch from all the veggies and cashews! My kind of meal.
And they’re so filling. It’s hard to fill this girl up, but give me lots of healthy fats and that almost always does the trick.
Plus they’re so darn cute! I mean, how can you go wrong with serving a food inside of a food?
The chicken salad is also super delicious by itself if you want to pack the extras for easy work lunches. It makes a ton of chicken salad, so there will be leftovers.
These would be super cute to serve at a Super Bowl party as an app too! So many possibilities.
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ¼-1/2 cup hot water
- ½ of a red bell pepper, diced
- ½ of a yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced + extra for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro + extra for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped cashews or peanuts + extra for garnish
- 3 avocados, halved and pitted
- extra lime wedges for serving
- Make the sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, honey, and coconut aminos until creamy. Add the water, starting with a ¼ cup, whisking until smooth. If it still seems too thick, add the remaining ¼ cup.
- Add sauce to chicken and stir to coat. Add the peppers, cabbage, scallions, cilantro, and cashews or peanuts and stir to combine.
- Stuff chicken salad mixture into avocados and garnish with extra scallions, cilantro, chopped cashews, and a squeeze of lime!