This salad is THE most satisfying salad I’ve had in awhile. Probably because two types of cheeses are involved (one being BURRATA!) as well as bacon. And the most delicious fig balsamic dressing. And FRESH FIGS! Can you tell I’m excited?
Every summer and fall I SO look forward to fresh figs. I can’t even tell you how much I love them. First, they are stunnnnning, and I love pretty food. Two, they have texture because of the seeds, and three, they’re the perfect amount of sweetness. Such a unique fruit. Everything they touch always turns out to be a favorite recipe of mine. Like these fig flatbreads with smoked gouda. OMG.
Don’t even get me started on the burrata. If you’ve never had it, it’s the creamiest mozzarella ever. When you cut into the center, this super creamy, insanely delicious cheese oozes out. The outside is like regular mozzarella, but the inside is pure heaven.
If there’s burrata on a restaurant menu, I ALWAYS order it. But I also buy it to eat at home because it’s just too good! If you mix it all up in the salad it acts almost like a creamy dressing. Insane.
The real dressing here is incredible too. It’s just fig jam, garlic, balsamic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Very similar to the dressing I made here. I love adding jams to dressings lately instead of honey or maple. It makes them a little thicker and it gives them a fruitier sweetness!
The bacon here is self explanatory. It makes everything better! Especially when paired with cheese and tomatoes!
If you think you don’t like salad, this one will totally change your mind.
- For the SALAD:
- 6-7 cups baby arugula
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 5-6 fresh figs, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (4 ounce) ball burrata cheese
- ¼ cup feta
- For the DRESSING:
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon fig jam (they usually sell this with the gourmet cheeses)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Make the dressing. Combine garlic, fig jam, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- To assemble salad, top arugula with crumbled bacon, sliced figs, cherry tomatoes, burrata (I like to tear it or cut it apart so all the creamy cheese comes out), and feta.
- Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and toss. Serve!