Smoothie bowls are a trend that I am definitely on board with. Who wouldn’t want to eat a super thick smoothie with a spoon and a ton of delicious toppings? I tend to go for acai and pitaya bowls, and fruitier varieties. BUT, this mint chocolate one is SO good and seriously tastes like mint chocolate chip ice cream. It is chock full (ha, no pun intended), of superfoods and antioxidants and good-for-you ingredients. Make this when you need a fun and different breakfast from your regular routine!
If you aren’t as concerned with making this super healthy, you can use dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips instead of the cacao nibs and it would taste even more like mint choc chip.
I personally love cacao nibs and their fiber content, polyphenols, magnesium, antioxidants, flavonoids, and mood-boosting benefits. But I also love dark chocolate..just try to avoid it during regular week-day breakfasts on the reg if I can.
Not saying I don’t sometimes have dark chocolate in my breakfast.. 😉 I’ve definitely added it to my chia pudding before and protein pancakes…among other things. Hey, it’s all about balance right?
Oh and don’t let the spirulina scare you away..it’s amino acid and protein content, B, C, D, and E vitamins, as well as detoxifying benefits make it totally worth it! I promise you can’t taste it.
Healthy Mint Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 of a medium avocado (previously diced and frozen)
- 1/2 of a medium banana (previously sliced and frozen)
- handful of spinach
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- 2 T. cacao nibs + extra for topping
- 1/4 tsp. spirulina
- 1/4 tsp. mint extract
- 4-5 drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 c. coconut milk
- 1/4 c. vanilla Greek yogurt
- shredded coconut for topping
- chia seeds for topping
- chopped dark chocolate for topping
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until thick and creamy. This will take a minute or two. You want it to be thicker than a smoothie, almost like a soft serve consistency.
- Pour into a bowl and top with extra cacao nibs or dark chocolate chunks, chia seeds, and shredded coconut!
What are your favorite ways to enjoy smoothie bowls?!
[…] I love mint and chocolate and so glad I found a healthy chocolate mint smoothie bowl to combat those […]