It’s officially January (what?!) and I know most of us are trying to get back into the swing of real life, healthy eating included (I hope!). Now I am someone who eats healthy and clean 90% of the time, but I definitely had my share of treats during the holiday season. It feels great to get back into meal prep mode and buying tons of fresh veggies + ditching all the cookies, cheese plates, and booze. This salad is beautiful and full of everything good for you. Bonus: it can be made ahead of time for easy work lunches! It soaks up the lovely lemon herb dressing and gets better over time. It would also be great with some grilled chicken, shrimp, or even chickpeas for some protein. Easily adaptable. You can also add greens like arugula, kale, or spinach. If you need a major detox and want to feel amazing, this recipe is definitely for you!
If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can shred the beets with your food processor, or even cube them and roast them in a little olive oil in the oven before preparing the salad.
The vinaigrette can be kept in the fridge for several days to use on other salads or for a quick marinade!
Spiralized Beet Salad with Lemon Parsley Vinaigrette, Pistachios, and Avocado
- 3 beets, spiralized or shredded
- 1/2 c. flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed or minced
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 tsp. stone ground mustard
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped pistachios
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Combine parsley, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a jar or container with tight fitting lid. Shake until combined.
- Spiralize/shred the beets. Add to mixing bowl and top with desired amount of dressing. You'll have some leftover. Add in pistachios and toss. Top with sliced avocado and enjoy!