I am seriously loving this quick treat right now. It cures that sweet craving without sabotaging your healthy eating efforts. If you’re anything like me, you’re a huge sucker for peanut butter and dark chocolate. These combine my favorite flavors into one cute little bite, and they are SO simple and customizable! You can use any nut butter you like, and any type of chocolate. Top them with cinnamon, hemp seeds, chia seeds, sea salt, granola, sprinkles; really anything you’re in the mood for!
I used an assortment of nut butters. It’s like a little surprise when you bite into them, wondering which one you’ll get! I used regular almond butter, vanilla almond butter, and peanut butter. Cashew butter would be awesome here too.
I typically use anywhere from 70-85% dark chocolate, but feel free to use milk, white, or semi-sweet. I just love the taste of dark chocolate and the health benefits too!
I love how the frozen banana takes on an ice cream-like texture. So so good! And completely guilt free.
4 Ingredient Dark Chocolate Covered Banana Nut Butter Bites
- 2 medium bananas, sliced into 1/4'' thick slices
- nut butter of your choice (I used almond butter, vanilla almond butter, and peanut butter)
- 5 oz. dark chocolate (I used 72% dark chocolate)
- 1 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
- chia seeds, hemp seeds, sea salt flakes, cinnamon, any other toppings you desire for sprinkling!
- Spoon a teaspoon or so of nut butter on half of your banana slices. Top with the other halves of banana to make a "banana sandwich" and press down slightly to adhere. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- When banana bites are almost done freezing, chop the dark chocolate and add to a medium microwave safe bowl. Add the coconut oil. Microwave for 30 second increments, stirring in between each. Mine took about 1 1/2 minutes. Be careful not to overheat, or else your chocolate will seize up.
- Remove banana bites from freezer and use two forks to (very delicately) dip the banana bites in the dark chocolate, letting the excess chocolate drain through the fork. Place on a parchment lined plate or baking sheet and immediately sprinkle with desired toppings. Repeat until all bites are coated.
- Freeze for at least another 30 minutes and enjoy! These will keep for a couple weeks in the freezer.