I crammed all of my favorite fall flavors into a cocktail. My favorite cocktail, I might add. Also, it was completely unintentional to post two apple cider recipes back to back, but I’m embracing it. Can never have too much apple cider in my opinion.
I added a little cinnamon simple syrup to these, and used my favorite pumpkin beer. Feel free to switch it up with your favorite fall beer!
I don’t typically order beergaritas, I am a strictly margarita-on-the-rocks-no-salt kind of girl. I did however have a phenomenal beergarita while visiting my brother in Denver about a year and a half ago. I don’t know what made me think of it, but I decided to make a fall version and here we are!
The cinnamon simple syrup, splash of apple cider, and pumpkin ale go SO well together. The addition of cinnamon sticks and apples make it extra special and festive.
These would be great for entertaining, perhaps with my apple cider pulled pork from this week!
I don’t like my drinks super sweet, so feel free to adjust the amount of simple syrup and cider too. These were the perfect amount of spice and sweetness for me, so just taste and adjust as needed!
Apple Cider Pumpkin Ale Beergaritas
- For the BEERGARITA:
- 2 ounces tequila (I used silver tequila)
- 1 ounce cinnamon simple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces apple cider
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 3 ounces pumpkin beer
- lime wedges for garnish
- cinnamon sticks for garnish
- apple slices for garnish
- coarse salt for rimming the glass
- For the CINNAMON SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Make the simple syrup. In a medium saucepan, bring the sugar, water, and cinnamon to a boil. Whisk to combine. Boil for 30 seconds and remove from heat. Let cool completely.
- To make the cocktail, rum the rim of the glass with a lime wedge, and rim in coarse salt. Fill with ice.
Add a couple handfuls of ice to a cocktail shaker. Add the tequila, simple syrup, apple cider, and lime juice. Shake for 30 seconds. Pour into glass and top with pumpkin ale. Stir to combine. Garnish with a lime wedge, cinnamon sticks, and apple slices!