Looooving these adorable little sliders. For so many reasons. They’re vegetarian, gluten free minus the buns, and oh-so-healthy. And protein packed. And so cute. And have I mentioned flavor? I’ve been pretty close to being vegetarian these days..especially with summer coming and wanting to eat really well. These are perfect for entertaining. They make the cutest apps. Or, you can totally throw these on a salad. So many options!
These are also pretty cheap to make. Canned beans, not too many ingredients and probably all spices you have on hand.
I kinda wanna put this sauce on everything. 3 ingredients. No joke.
Chickpea Quinoa Sliders with Roasted Jalapeño Yogurt Sauce
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 -6
- For the sauce:
- 3 jalapeño peppers
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 c. 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- For the burgers:
- 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 c. cooked quinoa
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 c. plain panko breadcrumbs
- 2 T+ olive oil
- slider buns of your choice
- butter lettuce
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Line a baking sheet with foil. Put jalapeños on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, turning a couple times during cooking, until somewhat charred on the outside. Let cool completely before making the yogurt sauce.
- In the meantime, combine the chickpeas, cilantro, scallions, red pepper flakes, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, panko, salt, and pepper in the food processor. Pulse 15-20 times until mixture is coarsely chopped. You still want some chunks of chickpeas.
- Put mixture into a large bowl and add quinoa. Mix together with your hands until thoroughly combined. Form into patties. Mine were about 2 1/2 inches in diameter and 3/4 in. thick, but you can make them whatever size you want.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add 2 T. olive oil, or a little more. You want a good coating of oil. Add burgers to pan, and cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until golden and crispy. Your stove may be a little different, so just keep an eye on them!
- When the burgers are finished cooking, make the sauce. Cut the stems off the jalapeños and discard the seeds. Wash your hands and don't touch your eyes! Wipe out the food processor and add your peppers, yogurt, garlic, and salt. Pureé until smooth and creamy. Taste to season and add a little more salt if desired.
- To assemble, add some butter lettuce to your bun, top with a slider, spoon on some yogurt sauce, and top with bun top!
Leave a Reply