I’ve been really into making my own snacks lately. I love making energy bites and healthy “cookies” to get me through the day, or for when I’m craving sweets. These actually realllly taste like PB&J which was honestly completely unintentional. They’re naturally sweetened with dates, and they are vegan, and gluten free if you use certified gluten free oats. How awesome?! They are protein packed from all of the nuts, nut butters, and chia seeds. These are what you should be snacking on. Trust me.
I know some of us hate cleaning our food processors, but the ease of making these totally outweighs cleaning it 🙂 Plus they’re no bake. Super simple.
All you have to do is press them into a parchment lined pan and put them in the fridge for a couple hours. I slice them into bars and wrap them individually so I can just pull them out when I want them.
"PB&J" No-Bake Snack Bars
- 15-18 Medjool dates, pitted (I used 15 because mine were big, but throw in a few more if yours are smaller)
- 1/4 c. natural peanut butter (the drippy kind)
- 1/4 c. natural almond butter (the drippy kind)
- 1/2 c. raw unsalted cashews
- 1 c. oats
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 2 T. chia seeds
- 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse 15-20 times, then let the machine run until a "dough" somewhat forms and all ingredients are finely chopped. It will be crumbly, but will form together when you press it together in your hands. If it is super crumbly still, add a tablespoon or two more peanut butter.
Line a 9x9 pan with parchment, and press mixture into pan very firmly. You really want to put a lot of pressure on it. Once mixture is evenly pressed into pan, refrigerate for at least 2 hours, and then cut into 8-10 bars. (I cut them into 8). Wrap individually if desired and store in the fridge. They stay together better that way. Enjoy for up to a week!