I’m LOVING this recipe lately. It’s so light and delicious, and much healthier than takeout fried rice. Plus, I used cauliflower rice instead of regular rice, so it’s paleo and low carb! I’m not paleo, but I do tend to eat that way a lot of the time. I feel so much better when I’m not eating a lot of grains. Protein and veggies is the way to go! If you’re not paleo, you can certainly use regular rice in this recipe. It’s great for meal prep and for work lunches too.
Sesame, garlic, and ginger flavors will always have my heart. That combo is so hard to beat. This recipe is so freaking flavorful and healthy. My favorite kind of recipe!
I love buying the already riced cauliflower from Trader Joe’s. They’re now carrying it in the refrigerated section, but they have it frozen too! I do make my own cauliflower rice if I’m not short on time, but TJ’s makes it so easy.
I also love using it for burrito bowls to sneak in more veggies and make them lower carb. Or in my breakfast scrambles. Almost every day, I have some form of sautéed greens, roasted diced sweet potatoes, veggies, and egg whites for breakfast. And avocado. Duh. Call me boring, but I love it! It’s the best post workout meal and I always feel my best if I start the day with those two things. Workout + egg white scramble = happy Molly.
I used coconut aminos instead of soy sauce here, but feel free to use soy. I like the coconut aminos because they’re a lot cleaner and lower in sodium than soy sauce.
This recipe would be delicious with shrimp or beef, or even tofu if you’re vegetarian. Just don’t skimp on the garlic, ginger, and sesame. Favorite flavor profile!
Paleo Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 4 cups cauliflower rice (I used the 1 lb. bag from Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated or minced ginger
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos (or soy sauce if not paleo)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- chopped cilantro and sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Toss chicken in garlic, ginger, and two teaspoons of the sesame oil. Preheat a large skillet to medium/high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil.
Add chicken and sauté for 5-7 minutes until golden and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and set on plate while you prepare the rice. Add the remaining two teaspoons coconut oil to the pan. Add the carrots, celery, and and onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the cauliflower rice and sauté for an additional minute or two.
Make a well in the middle, pushing the rice out to the sides of the pan. Add the eggs to the well and scramble them. Cut them up into small pieces using your spatula. Once cooked through, stir the eggs together with the rice and veggies. Add the chicken, remaining teaspoon of sesame oil, coconut aminos, and half of the scallions. Stir to combine.
- Portion onto plates and top with remaining scallions, cilantro if using, and sesame seeds!