These are my go-to energy bites that I make almost every Sunday to have ready for snacks, healthy desserts, or a pre-workout bite. I wanted to share them for meal prep Monday because I believe them to be SO helpful and important to have on hand if you’re trying to stick to a healthy lifestyle. Basically, they ensure I don’t find myself waist deep in a family size bag of chips at 3pm. I know you know what that’s like. And if you don’t, major credit goes to you.
Of course I HAD to make them chocolate + peanut butter flavored..because honestly what is better?!
The fabulous thing about these is that they can be customized to fit your taste and dietary needs. You can use almond butter, cashew butter, or whatever nut butter you like. You can use gluten free oats if you’re gluten free. You can add honey instead of maple syrup. These would be delish with a little cinnamon too!
They also freeze beautifully. If I make a big batch and know I won’t get through them within the next week or two, I just freeze some in an airtight container or plastic bag, and pull them out when I’m ready.
Do you guys meal prep? What kind of stuff do you like to make to keep on hand during the week? Is there anything you’d like to see from me meal-prep-wise? Tell me!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- 1 heaping cup medjool dates (about 18, pitted)
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (the natural, drippy kind)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Add the oats to a food processor. Pulse for about a minute until oats are processed into a flour. Add the dates, peanut butter, cocoa, chia seeds, maple syrup, water, and salt. Process until it forms a "dough", scraping down the sides if needed. This can take a few minutes depending on the strength of your food processor.
- Roll into balls and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. This makes a bunch. 25-35 depending on the size of your balls!