I’m sharing something a little different today..a super easy snack mix that’s sweet, salty, and TOTALLY addictive. Full disclosure: I’m a snacker. Always have been. I’m also super active and I work out a lot, so I’m in constant need of fuel. My appetite is also naturally through the roof. Now, this isn’t the most clean snack. It’s definitely a treat. It’s perfect for Halloween and to have in a bowl on the kitchen table..for when you just need a little sweet and salty somethin’.
I don’t even know where to start with this! There’s pumpkin spiced pecans, pumpkin seeds, chocolatey cereal, cheddar and caramel popcorn, freeze dried apples, honey sesame sticks, pretzels, dried cranberries, and chocolate chips of course.
Also, why are those sesame stick things SO GOOD?! I swear I could eat them non-freaking-stop.
It may sound like an odd combo but it works PERFECTLY together. There’s something for everyone.
You can totally make swaps and use your favorite mix-ins, but this is my favorite combo I’ve found so far. The trick is to not eat the whole batch in one sitting.
P.S. This was gone in my house in less than a day.
Make this for Halloween to snack on while passing out candy instead of eating a million mini candy bars and feeling terrible about yourself..I know we’ve all been there. It makes great gifts too!
Autumn Snack Mix!
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 2 cups cereal of your choice (I used a chocolate cereal)
- 2 cups popcorn of your choice (I used a cheddar and caramel popcorn mix)
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels
- 1 ounce package of freeze dried apple slices
- 1 cup honey sesame sticks
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Heat a small skillet to medium heat and add pecans. Toast for a few minutes, stirring frequently until fragrant. Be careful to watch that they don't burn! Toss with the pumpkin pie spice while they're hot. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together remaining ingredients. Add pecans and toss once cooled. Devour!