SO good you guys. Combining my love of peanut butter with coffee was only a matter of time. And what better week to do it? It’s been so so cold, we got our first little bit of snow this weekend, and I need some extra energy to get me through this last week of hustle and bustle!
The dough is just three easy main ingredients, not counting vanilla and salt. They’re so peanut buttery and crunchy and delicious..almost like a peanut butter shortbread? They’re perfect for these lattes because they crumble right into the espresso and are a perfect consistency to dunk! And to rim the glass in, of course. Sneaking in more cookie any way that I can!
I have to say, I am a little cookied out. I’ve had two cookie swaps this holiday season with tonnnns of cookies. We’re talking dozens and dozens. So many batters were tasted (the best part of cookie baking) and bowls were cleaned. Plus, all the cookies I’ve made for the blog. I’ve been balancing it with tons of veggies and salads, so it’s all good.
So back to these lattes! I rimmed the glasses in peanut butter and peanut butter cookie crumbles, and then added a spoonful of peanut butter and a tiny bit of brown sugar to melt into the espresso..and some cookie crumbles. I topped it off with delicious steamed milk and more cookie crumbles. And served it with a cookie! Do you think there’s enough cookie?
And I can’t forget about the flaky sea salt.
Treat yourself this week!
- For the cookies:
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- sea salt for sprinkling
- For the LATTES:
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter, plus extra for rimming the glass
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- a few cookie crumbles (1/4-1/2 of a cookie)
- 2 espresso shots
- steamed whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Combine peanut butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir until combined.
- Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls and place on a baking sheet. Press down on the cookie dough balls using a fork, flattening them to create a criss-cross pattern. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once finished baking, let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes, and the rest of the way on a cooling rack.
- To make the latte, brew 2 shots of espresso in a mug. While espresso is still hot, add the peanut butter and brown sugar. Whisk to combine. Add ¼-1/2 of a cookie, crumbled, and stir again.
- Top with steamed whole milk, and more cookie crumbles. Serve with a cookie and enjoy!