Say hello to the most cozy, healthy fall breakfast! I am officially OBSESSED with this vanilla bean ghee. I’ve been making butter coffee with it every morning, and I dreamt up this breakfast recipe using it! If you aren’t familiar with ghee, it’s a clarified butter, so it’s dairy free, and super good for you. It has tons of health benefits including good fats and vitamins. I loooove this ghee because it has a subtle vanilla bean flavor. Btw, this post isn’t sponsored at all..I just really love this ghee! Sidenote: you could totally use coconut oil here if you wanted!
I think persimmons are so underrated and under-utilized. They’re so beautiful and unique! They have a different texture and taste..a subtle sweetness. They’re so different from any fruit I’ve ever had.
And when they’re sautéed in vanilla bean, maple syrup, and vanilla bean ghee, they’re to die for.
These bowls are a texture lover’s dream. The creamy, tangy Greek yogurt + the warm sautéed persimmons + the crunchy quinoa and almond granola are a perfect match.
You could totally make these for #mealprepmonday too. Just sauté the persimmons and make the granola ahead of time, and when you’re ready to eat in the morning, just zap the persimmons a little, put them over yogurt, and sprinkle with the granola! Super easy and healthy. Plus they feel so fancy!
The granola has a little more texture and crunch than your typical granola because of the quinoa, which I personally love. The granola is also super low in sugar. Only 3 tablespoons of maple syrup in the whole batch. I added almonds because I love them, but this would be delicious with pecans to make it even more fall-ish!
Sautéed Vanilla Bean Persimmon Yogurt Bowls with Quinoa Granola
- For the BOWLS:
- 2 persimmons, diced
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean ghee (I use Fourth & Heart brand..you can sub coconut oil too)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups plain Greek yogurt (vanilla would be good here too!)
- For the GRANOLA:
- 1 1/4 cup oats (use gluten free if needed)
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (the natural drippy kind)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325℉. In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, quinoa, and almonds. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Add to oat mixture and stir until completely coated. Pour onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 17-20 minutes or until golden.
- In the meantime, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the ghee. Add the persimmons, vanilla bean seeds, maple syrup, and a pinch of cinnamon and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes until softened.
- To serve, top Greek yogurt with sautéed persimmons and the quinoa granola!