These burgers! One of my favorite combinations of flavors and foods in general. Salmon, avocado, Mexican spices, and mango! All of my loves. These are so delicious and full of healthy fats and nutrients. AND they come together in less than 30 minutes. I’m serious!
First, this salsa! I want to put it on everything. The creamy avocado, sweet mango, lime, cilantro, jalapeño, and red onion are perfect together. This would be fantastic with chicken, on burrito bowls, in salads, and really anything you want! Or on tacos. Yes, you should do that.
I didn’t eat these on a bun, but feel free to! To me, they really didn’t need it. But you do you! They’d also be fabulous in lettuce wraps for extra crunch and freshness.
I used fresh salmon fillets here, and just pulverized them in the food processor. I wouldn’t recommend using canned here. You really can’t beat fresh! It takes two seconds to whirl up in the food processor. I then added an egg and panko breadcrumbs to help bind them, and some of my favorite Mexican spices.
- 1 lb. fresh salmon filet, skin removed and cut into chunks
- ½ of a medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 avocados, diced
- ½ cup diced fresh mango
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- juice of 1 lime (or two if it's small)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro + extra for topping
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Make the salsa. Combine avocado, mango, jalapeño, red onion, lime juice, cilantro, and salt in a medium bowl. Toss to combine. Set aside while you make the burgers.
- Put the salmon in the food processor and pulse until ground, but not so ground that it becomes a paste. Add salmon to a medium bowl.
- Add the egg, panko, chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to the salmon and mix until combined.
- Once combined, form into 4 patties.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the avocado oil/olive oil. Add the burgers and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with the avocado mango salsa and extra chopped cilantro!