(This post is sponsored by Nancy’s Yogurt! Thank you so so much for reading and supporting the brands that I love!)
First of all, I don’t think I’ve ever made a more colorful (and delicious!) dessert. I mean, how can you not love it?! It’s so beautiful, summery, perfectly sweet, and filled with creamy vanilla yogurt. Honestly, what could be better?
It all starts with the easiest no-bake crust. We’ve got dates, cashews, cinnamon, nut butter, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt! Pretty similar to the base I use for energy bites if you’ve ever tried them! There’s something so amazing about the cashew/vanilla/date combo. It’s such a wonderfully warm and sweet combination of flavors that just WORK.
All you have to do is give everything a whirl in the food processor, and you’ve got yourself the easiest crust ever.
Next comes my favorite part: Nancy’s Organic Whole Milk Vanilla Yogurt. Oh my gosh you guys, the creaminess and perfect sweetness of this yogurt is out of control. The consistency and richness is incredible, and I love the fact that it’s sweetened with a touch of honey and maple syrup. Best of both worlds!
It has the most perfect, balanced vanilla flavor and pairs perfectly with the vanilla in the crust!
Growing up, and to this day, I’ve always been much more of a vanilla girl than chocolate. I’ll always choose vanilla over chocolate. Well maybe 9 times out of 10. Sometimes you just need a little dark chocolate! Oh. And my obsession with vanilla bean..well that’s another story.
The creaminess of the vanilla yogurt makes it the perfect base for all of your favorite fresh fruit. It’s so creamy and luxurious, that it FEELS like an indulgent dessert but it’s really SO healthy for you! Nancy’s Yogurt has tons and tons, actually billions, of live probiotics in every spoonful. That makes for super healthy and happy digestive and immune systems, among so many other benefits. This is a dessert I can get behind!
Whole milk dairy products are my favorite too. No need for any thickeners or weird ingredients. I love how thick and creamy this yogurt is while being SO natural!
Not only is this tart crazy delicious, it’s so fun to make! Who doesn’t love playing with their food? You can totally get creative with this, and even get kids, family, or friends in the kitchen with you to decorate!
And you don’t have to be an artist to do it. Just have fun with it. I, for the life of me, can’t create a perfect pie/tart/cake. Never have been able to, maybe never will. So rustic tarts and pie’s are where it’s at! I have so much respect for all the super talented pastry chefs and bakers of the world.
Another reason why I love no-bake desserts so much! No baking required. I created this recipe with summer in mind, where turning on the oven seems like a chore, and the house gets WAY too hot. I always want something refreshing, and fruit always seems to cure that craving.
This would be such a perfect recipe to take to a cookout too. You could totally make these individual in muffin tins or mini tart pans to make them more party-friendly!
The beautiful weather this week has me craving alllll the fresh produce and berries. Thinking I have to make another tart this weekend!
I’m also thinking this would be the perfect dessert to make for Memorial Day coming up! You could make it super festive with just strawberries and blueberries too. Can you believe it’s already that time of year? So cliché, I know, but still can’t believe it!
Here’s to summer and no-bake desserts!
- 1½ cups raw cashews
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (10 ounces) packed Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons natural almond butter or any "drippy" nut butter
- 1½ cups Nancy's Organic Vanilla Whole Milk Yogurt
- Fresh fruit for topping (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, kiwi, mango)
- 2-3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted, for garnish
- Place cashews, cinnamon, and sea salt in a food processor and pulse until it turns into a very fine, crumb-like consistency. Add the vanilla extract, pitted dates, and almond butter and blend until mixture comes together into a crumbly "dough". It should stick together when you squeeze it in your hands.
- Spray a 9'' tart or pie pan with nonstick spray. Press the crust mixture into the tart/pie pan, pushing it up the sides as well.
- Spoon the yogurt into the crust, and smooth it out with a rubber spatula. Decorate with your favorite fruit! I used a mixture of sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches, kiwi, and mango.
- To finish, top with toasted sliced almonds. Enjoy!