This salad embodies summer and some of my favorite things about it. Juicy peaches, plums, creamy burrata (my favorite thing EVER), arugula, fresh herbs, and a tangy peach dressing. I added some farro for staying power, which I love also. It has such a wonderful chewy texture and adds a lot to this delicious salad.
Although I hate to see summer go, I am so excited for fall. I absolutely love fall and everything about it. It’s 100% my favorite season. I associate so many good memories with fall, like going apple and pumpkin picking as a kid with that chill in the air, sitting outside and drinking warm apple cider, my birthday (I’m a November baby), coming home to the incredible smell of my mom’s pumpkin cranberry bread baking…I could go on and on.
This salad though, is for savoring every last bit of the beautiful produce and summer flavors. You’ll go crazy for this combination.
It was inspired by a salad I had at a restaurant in Los Angeles. I couldn’t stop thinking about it, and knew I had to re-create it when I got home. There’s something about the fresh herbs, peppery arugula, creaminess of the burrata, and sweet dressing that is toooo die for.
Are you dreading the end of summer or excited for fall like me?!
Peach and Plum Burrata Salad with Farro and Herbs
- For the DRESSING:
- 1 peach, roughly chopped
- 1/3 c. champagne vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 T. honey
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- For the SALAD:
- 3 c. spinach
- 4 c. arugula
- 2 c. cooked farro (I buy the quick, 10-minute cooking farro from Trader Joe's or Whole Foods)
- 1 plum, diced
- 1 peach, diced
- 2 T. chopped dill
- 2 T. chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 4 oz. ball of burrata cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by making the dressing. Combine the roughly chopped peach, champagne vinegar, lemon juice, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor. Blend until completely combined and creamy. Taste to season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Set aside.
- To assemble the salad, place the spinach and arugula in a large bowl. Add the farro, peach, and plum, and toss. Tear the burrata into chunks and place on the salad. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing (you'll have leftovers), and season with salt and pepper.