It has been a minute since I’ve shared one of these types of posts! I want to get back into sharing more lifestyle and other types of posts, especially since things are going to be going back to normal soon, since my manuscript for my cookbook is due in a couple weeks!
This season has been CRAZY busy for me, between writing and shooting my book, keeping up with my blog and freelance projects, and trying to enjoy the best few months of the year that I love so dearly.
Between all of that, I have tried so very hard to enjoy my favorite month of the year – October, with the verrrry little free time I have. I don’t think I can truly even express my love for this season in words. It’s always been incredibly special to me, and nothing quite fills my soul up like the fall months do. It’s something about the crisp air, the incredible food, the coziness, the memories I have, and the fact that my birthday is November 1st has always added to the magic too, and it still does as an adult! I just all around feel like myself the most when it’s fall. Every ounce of me just eats up everything the season has to offer!
So here are some of my favorite things I’ve been using/loving this month!
1) Mrs. Meyers Apple Cider Soap, Candle, and Cleaning Products – Oh my goodness you guys, I can’t ever get enough of this stuff. I hoard it when it comes out in the fall, and use it sparingly year round because I can’t get enough of the scent. I managed to keep my last spray bottle of the countertop spray from last year until this month!
2) The Toasted Oat Bakehouse Soft Baked Granola – I discovered this stuff recently at my local Whole Foods and omg I’m addicted. It’s a soft baked granola, so it’s almost like soft oatmeal cookies crumbled up. Not crunchy at all like your typical granola, but seriously incredible. I’ve been having it with Greek yogurt and berries, and it feels like I’m having dessert for breakfast. I’ve only tried the blueberry cobbler, but I’m so excited to try the other flavors!
3) Lululemon Align Pant II – If I could own any pants/leggings in the world, these would be it. I LIVE in these things. They are by far the most comfortable and flattering piece of clothing I’ve ever owned, and I can’t say enough good things about them. They’re super lightweight, and it feels like you’re not even wearing anything. They’re just amazing! My dad is getting me a Lululemon gift card for my birthday this week, and I already know what I’m getting!
4) Pixi Mattelast Liquid Lipstick in Evening Rose – I found out about this lipstick from a couple local bloggers that I follow. If you like matte lip color, this stuff is absolutely gorgeous and the formula is amazing. It doesn’t crack or flake and it’s super long-wearing. Even when it wears off, I love how it looks, almost like a lip stain. So so pretty!
5) Pumpkin Pie Perfect Bar – These bars are so darn good. I’ve always been a fan of the regular peanut butter flavor, and the peanut butter dark chocolate chip, but these are amazing and just the right amount of pumpkin. They aren’t too overly spiced, just enough. If you’ve never tried these bars, it’s literally like you’re eating a big chunk of peanut butter. They’re incredible.
6) Staub Cast Iron Round Cocotte, 4 quart – As it’s been getting cooler, I’ve been making more chili, soups, and sauces, and I’ve been loving this thing. It’s just the right size for 4 servings, and it’s so pretty! My brother got it for me for Christmas last year and it’s such a great gift for anyone who loves to cook. How is it that it’s almost that time of year?!
7) Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet – I’ve been using this moisturizer for a good year and I’m so obsessed with it. I’ve used other things in the Caudalie line that I really love too, but I haven’t found a product I love as much as this one. I have super sensitive, normal skin. Not dry or oily or anything, just really delicate and sensitive, and this stuff is perfect for it. Not overly moisturizing or oily at all. The formula is perfection. It smells like heaven too!
8) Rx Bar Maple Almond Butter – This stuff is addicting as heck. It literally tastes like pancakes, and it’s good for us too! It has protein in it, and it’s sweetened with dates instead of refined sugar. I love everything that this company makes – their bars, and all of their nut butters really! Their vanilla version tastes like cake! I love putting it on toast, oatmeal, yogurt bowls, apple slices, and just eating it by the packet!
9) Amano Studio Earrings – These earrings are so delicate and pretty! I’m not much of a jewelry person, I always wear rings, but not much else. I found these at a local boutique and I wore them to a wedding this month with a plain black dress and they were just perfect. I got them in gold and they’re gorgeous! They’re a little different because you thread them through your ear, and there’s no backing. So you can’t lose them!
10) Lollia Relax Perfume – I loooove Lollia perfume, but they discontinued my favorite scent a couple years ago. I decided to try another, and I really like the Relax. It’s lavender and honey and not overpowering at all. A good everyday scent. I sometimes mix it with other scents too because it’s light enough. Really pretty.
11) Blush Flatware Set – These are just about the prettiest things I’ve ever seen. Definitely a splurge item for me this month, but I knew I neeeeded them when I saw them. Aren’t they stunning?! Can’t wait to use them in a shoot!
12) My favorite day of the year at Larriland Farm. Every year since I was a little girl, my mom and I go to Larriland to pick pumpkins, get hot apple cider, and their ridiculous hot apple fritters that are freshly fried right in front of you. It’s such a special tradition for me, and I look forward to the day we go every year!
13) I’ve been loving fall baking in general. Especially the Autumn Monster Cookies from my friend Jessica’s cookbook, and my spiced apple cake with bourbon caramel from last year! I also have a new cake recipe coming to the blog on Thursday for my birthday! Can’t wait to share with you guys 🙂
14) Schlafly Pumpkin Ale – I love this one because it actually has a strong pumpkin and spice flavor, where so many don’t. It’s for sure the most “pumpkin beer” beer I’ve ever tried. I love using it in this chili!
15) These Glenna Mugs from Anthropologie and these Glenna Side Plates too – I got these for a shoot I did for a client this month and they’re SO pretty! I love how rustic they are, and they seem really durable. Can’t wait to use them for more hot drinks this fall and winter!
(This post is not sponsored and all of the items are things I purchased myself or received as a gift! I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, which means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you! As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you SO much for reading!)