Every year, October comes, and I try my absolute hardest to soak up every day of it. I don’t think I can truly put into words how much I love the month of October and this season in general. It’s a mixture of the nostalgia it gives me, that super crisp + refreshing air, the FOOD, the fun of fall activities and holidays, and my birthday is November 1st! So it’s kind of like October ends, and the next day is my birthday which just adds to the magic of all of it. It’s all almost too much for my fall-loving heart to handle, which sounds completely dramatic and ridiculous, I know. But it’s really how I feel! I’m always looking for ways to make the season even more special. Which is why every year, I share this kind of post!
And here is the link to last years post! I love sharing these links to everything I’ve been loving this month, and honestly, I could go on and on. But this is the list I narrowed it down to!
I’d love to hear what you guys have been loving/hating/liking/enjoying this month, so let me know in the comments!
Happy last weekend of October! <3
Starting with all things beauty:
- Charlotte Tillbury Lipstick in Pillow Talk – I discovered this shade from a couple of my favorite local bloggers/youtubers and it’s GORGEOUS. It’s my idea of the perfect everyday shade. It’s a nude pink, and they describe it as a your-lips-but-better shade. And that’s exactly it! It honestly might be my favorite lipstick shade of all time. Which is a bold statement if you know how much I love lipstick and how many I’ve tried! This lipstick, and the NARS shade below were both recommended to me by a local blogging/vlogging duo who I LOVE and they always have the best recommendations for everything beauty, lifestyle, fashion, and food. Caitlin and Danielle are absolutely hilarious and so entertaining. You need to check them out here!
- NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil in Do Me Baby – This shade is equally as beautiful, but it’s more of a pigmented color. It’s described as a chestnut rose, but I’d say there’s a little more mauve/purple hue in there too. The formula on these NARS pencils is definitely one of the best I’ve ever tried. It doesn’t bleed, it’s moisturizing but not overly so, it’s perfectly matte, and it kind of fades into a lip stain throughout the day, instead of getting that gross lipstick ring around the edges of your lips when it wears off in the middle. LOVE. IT.
- Sephora Collection Nourishing Moisturizer – Hydrate & Repair – I’m kind of picky about moisturizers because I have sensitive, delicate skin, and I prefer to use more natural skincare if I can. I really love this one – it’s light, but still super moisturizing, and I’ve been using it in the morning and at night. The ingredients are awesome too. It has a really subtle but pleasant scent, and it does everything I want a moisturizer to do. I also just started using the eye cream from this collection and I love it just as much!
- Go-To Face Hero Face Oil – I’ve been using face oils at night for the past few years, and I really love what they’ve done to my skin and how they feel. This one is incredible and smells like HEAVEN. It’s my new favorite out of all the oils I’ve tried over the years!
- IT Cosmetics CC Cream with SPF 50+ – I’ve been a die hard Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream user for years and years, but after looking at some of the ingredients, I decided that I wanted to make a switch to something a little cleaner. This one has a little bit more coverage, and it looks really natural and beautiful on. I’d say it has a mixture between a natural and matte finish, and it’s build-able too! I can’t say I love it as much as the Smashbox, but it’s a close second, and the closest one I’ve found that’s on the cleaner side.
Food + a little bit of everything else:
- Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter by RXbar – This stuff is GOOD. Just the perfect amount of spice, and it’s super creamy and drizzle-able. I’ve been eating it by the packet, drizzled onto chia pudding, on toast, and on apples. I don’t normally love pumpkin spice things in general, but this is soooo good.
- Global 7” Chef’s Knife – My brother got me this knife for Christmas last year, and even though I’ve had it for awhile, I can’t say enough good things about it. I use it every single day, and do mass amounts of cooking with it, and it’s still super sharp. It’s super lightweight, and everything I want in an everyday knife. Highly recommend!
- Noosa Pumpkin Yogurt – This stuff is insanely delicious. It’s SO creamy, and literally tastes like dessert. The pumpkin flavor is perfect – not artificial tasting or overly spiced. Just perfect. It’s more of a “treat”, so I usually mix some with plain Greek yogurt and add a little granola! By itself it’s almost too sweet for me for breakfast. But it’s ridiculously good.
- All the fall recipes from my cookbook, Eat More Plants! – Most specifically, the Brown Butter Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Spinach and Hazelnuts and the Fall Harvest Salad with Crispy Sage. Both are such amazing fall recipes – from the super cozy homemade gnocchi with brown butter, and the salad with maple balsamic and all the fall mix-ins. You guys have been loving both too – nothing makes me happier than seeing all the recipes you’re making from the book!
- The new City & Colour album, A Pill For Loneliness – I have been in madly love with Dallas Green and his music for many years, and everything he creates is just pure magic to me. I saw him play in New York on Thursday and it was nothing short of incredible. Honestly the best night of my entire life was the first time I saw him in concert in Baltimore a few years ago. If you haven’t heard his music, you must. My personal favorite is his earlier stuff, but it’s SO hard to choose. Listen to his “Sometimes” album first.
- I know this is super backwards, but as it gets chillier, I always start to crave smoothies more? I know, it’s the weirdest thing, but it’s always been that way for me. So! I’ve started making smoothie packs again. I put all of my smoothie ingredients into ziplock bags or Stasher bags (obsessed) and freeze them! Then, in the morning, I empty a bag into a blender, add my almond milk, and whatever additional mix-ins I’m feeling. My personal fave combo as of late has been tangelo, lime, cucumber, pineapple, banana, ginger, cilantro, spinach, kale, hemp hearts, and chia seeds!
- Madewell 10” High-Rise Skinny Jeans in Berkeley Black: Button-Through Edition – These jeans are magical. I’m not usually a die-hard Madewell jeans fan (I find some of the denim to be too thick – I actually like a thinner denim!), but these are absolutely incredible. The most flattering fit, insanely comfortable, and the perfect thickness. I want to buy another identical pair because I’m scared they’ll go away! Honestly the best pair of jeans I’ve ever put on. For reference, I’ve had the same black Target jeans for the past 5 years (that were literally $25), and I’ve worn them into the ground. SO much so that they’re actually kind of grey now! I love them SO much. So for me to splurge on these jeans, is huge!
- Anthropologie Old Havana Side Plates in Mint – I’ve been going through a little bit of a styling rut with my photography, so in an effort to get out of it, I went and purchased some props that I normally wouldn’t. I tend to go for more matte, plain dishes in my photos because it’s better for photography a lot of the time, but I have been LOVING these. The pattern and color are both stunning, and I kind of want to buy a whole set of them for my kitchen!
- Anthropologie Cabarita Pasta Bowls – Again with the trying to combat my styling rut! I love these because they look handmade, and no two are quite the same. They’re the perfect size, and the blue is just so pretty. I shot the gnocchi I shared this month in them which you can see here!
- I say this every year, but the highlight of my fall is always going to Larriland Farm with my mom. Since I was little, we’ve done it every year, without fail. We went last weekend, and no October is complete without that tradition. It’s where we get the apple fritters that are in the above photos and they are life changing. I re-created the taste of the fritters in this pull apart bread a few years ago so you should most definitely add that to your fall baking list!
(This post is not sponsored and all of the items are things I purchased myself or received as a gift! I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, which means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you! As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you SO much for reading!)