How was everyone’s Thanksgiving/Thanksgiving weekend? I hope it was filled with loved ones, tons of delicious food of course, relaxation, and maybe some shopping! Mine sure was. Now it’s just less than a month until Christmas, which is pretty insane, but it’s hands down my favorite time of year. I love all the time with family, gatherings with friends, cookie swaps, Christmas music, food, and just that magical feeling in the air..it makes me feel like a kid!
So back to this sandwich. Omg. Thanksgiving leftovers are the BEST. I basically stuffed an everything bagel (the best kind of bagel) with mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey, and two runny eggs. I also slathered the bagel with cream cheese mixed with cranberry sauce..so so good! The savory and sweet combo in this is to die for. I hope you aren’t sick of leftovers yet…
My favorite kind of cranberry sauce is the homemade, chunkier sauce. I also don’t discriminate against the whole berry canned stuff. Use whatever you like here though! Don’t skip this step. It totally ties the whole thing together.
Runny eggs mixed with Thanksgiving sides is so freaking delicious. Well, runny eggs in/on anything is the best thing ever.
Also, am I the only one that almost prefers the leftovers to the actual Thanksgiving dinner? They just taste so good! Especially when paired with more carbs. Bagel, stuffing, mashed potatoes…can we pile on any more?
This is definitely not your healthiest, lightest breakfast, but it’s totally comforting and worth it.
I really hope you have extra leftovers.
Thanksgiving Leftovers Everything Bagel Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 everything bagel toasted
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cranberry sauce homemade or canned
- leftover stuffing
- leftover mashed potatoes
- a few slices of turkey
- 1-2 fried or poached eggs
- optional: bacon and/or avocado
- Mix the cream cheese and cranberry sauce until combined. Spread the toasted bagel with the cream cheese.
- Heat the leftover stuffing, mashed potatoes, and turkey. Top the bottom half of the bagel with the mashed potatoes, then the stuffing, the turkey, and the fried egg/eggs on top. Top with the other bagel half and dig in!