No cook recipes are crucial for these hot, end of summer days. This one is basically no-cook, except for boiling the noodles for 1-2 minutes. Crisp veggies, herbs, and this to die for cashew ginger dressing are a match made in heaven. I want to put the dressing on everything. It’s SO SO good.
Cashew butter is one of my new favorites. I am a peanut butter person through and through, but cashew butter is amazing and a nice switch up from my go-to. It has this nutty sweetness to it, almost like it contains sugar, but it doesn’t. I can’t describe it.
If you love pb, you can certainly use it here, but I highly recommend trying this recipe with the cashew butter! It comes together so quickly, and you don’t need a food processor either. Just a whisk and some hot water to work the dressing together!
I love cramming tons of colorful veggies into my meals. There is so much FLAVOR in this dish. Veggies galore, fresh mint, cilantro, ginger, garlic, sesame, and lime. Some of my faves all in one bowl.
Meal prep usually occupies a good portion of my Sundays. I try not to spend tooooo much time on it, but I inevitably do. I love starting the week off knowing I have healthy, prepped food on hand. Definitely sets me up for success. And so I don’t eat handfuls of granola and copious amounts of chips and hummus out of starvation…can anyone relate?
This recipe is one of those “perfect for meal prep” recipes. You can cook the noodles, cut up all your veggies and herbs, make the dressing, and then store everything separately. Boom, dinner in 5 minutes. Or, lunch to bring to work!
No heating up necessary. Just assemble the cold, crisp veggies, rice noodles, and creamy ginger dressing in a bowl. Done and done.
Veggie Noodle Bowls with Cashew Ginger Dressing
- For the BOWLS:
- 8 oz. brown rice noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 c. sliced cucumbers
- 2 large carrots, cut into ribbons using a vegetable peeler, spiralized, or shredded carrots
- 1/2 c. shelled edamame
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 c. shredded red cabbage
- few handfuls of spinach or kale, roughly chopped
- 1/2 of a jalapeño, thinly sliced
- chopped fresh cilantro
- chopped fresh mint
- 1 avocado, sliced
- black sesame seeds for garnish
- For the DRESSING:
- 3/4 c. cashew butter (can use peanut butter too)
- 1 T. freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 T. rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. hot water
- Cook the rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Make the dressing. In a medium bowl, combine the cashew butter, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, and rice vinegar. Whisk to combine. Next add the hot water and whisk until the dressing comes together and is smooth and creamy.
- To assemble the bowls, place rice noodles into bowls and top with all the veggies, sprinkle with cilantro and mint, top with jalapeño and avocado slices, drizzle with dressing, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.