Who’s in need of a healthy meal after this weekend? I know I definitely am! Soooo much good food and drink was consumed. I’m not mad about it at all. It was wonderful. I had such a great time with friends and family, but I’m definitely not feeling my best. These kind of easy, healthy recipes will save me this week.
How was your holiday weekend? Are you ready to get back into the swing of things or are you holding on to the last of the holidays? I’m in between. I love the holidays so much, but I also thrive with a schedule and routine. After New Years I’m sure I’ll be ready.
So. The best part of this recipe (other than how delicious it is) it that it’s only 3 ingredients. Yes, you heard that right. THREE. Salmon, blood oranges, and honey. You won’t believe the flavor that comes from just those simple ingredients.
I’m loving all the winter citrus right now. Blood oranges (of course) and satsumas are my favorite.
Sometimes, I’ll add a little grated ginger or lemon and lime for extra citrus flavor, but it’s SO good as is.
Salmon will forever be one of my favorite foods. It is filled with so much goodness and nutrients, and always tastes amazing with nearly every flavor combination.
This salmon would be so delicious on a salad too with this blood orange vinaigrette for extra blood orangey flavor!
- For the SALMON:
- 3 salmon fillets
- 4 blood oranges, juiced
- ½ teaspoon blood orange zest
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Add blood orange juice, orange zest, and honey to a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until it has reduced and become almost syrupy in consistency. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil and place salmon on baking sheet. Rub fillets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the salmon with half of the glaze and broil for 3 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with remaining glaze.
- Broil for an additional 3 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.